Saturday, August 11, 2012

s'more cupcakes, please!

I love to bake. I call myself "bed head betty crocker" because sometimes I wake and bake on the weekends.
Me and my beloved KitchenAid


 A few weekends ago it was my birthday and I baked myself some yummy cupcakes I found on pinterest.


Although, mine turned out a bit different from the recipe that Martha featured because I didn't use as much of the graham cracker topping on the cupcakes. The original recipe calls for the graham cracker mix on the bottom and on top of the cupcake. I eliminated the topping.

I only added the graham cracker to the bottom of the cupcake liners; not as a topping like the recipe calls for.

With half my batch I tried the cupcakes without adding chocolate on top of the graham cracker; I prefer it without the chocolate. It's not as crispy/hard on the bottom and allows for more cupcake in the liner.

Also, I don't have one of those kitchen torches so I used a different frosting that turned out similar to that "fluff" you can find in the store.
I am still very much a novice baker. I didn't get super stiff peaks with my frosting and it took longer than 7 minutes as the recipe calls for.

But I thought they tasted awesome all around. 

The recipe yielded 28 cupcakes. While I would have enjoyed eating all 28, I took them to my workplace and they disappeared almost instantaneously. Enjoy a s'mores cupcake before the summer is out! Have a great weekend! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment