Monday, February 18, 2013

Funemployment continued...

I am no longer keeping track of how many business days I have now been out of work. But last week there were some interesting developments and let me start out this post by saying I am 99% certain I will be entering a trial employment period tomorrow with a solo practicioner. I only say 99% because we haven't discussed the dollar bills, y'all. I do not anticipate getting an offer that is low. I think the offer will be fair. And so long as it is fair, I'm going to give this trial period my best shot.

Enough of the boring unemployed attorney talk. Let's get to the fun stuff. Last week was Valentine's Day. So much love in the air! Pfft! We do not "celebrate" Valentine's Day. Let me take a moment to be super cheesy here and just say that I love my hubby every day. No Hallmark holiday required. BUT. I did wake up early enough to make his current favorite soup, a lovely red lentil and coconut soup. This was my gesture to show him that I loved him eternally, as chopping jalapenos and onions first thing in the morning is not the most fun thing to do. I put it in the crock-pot so it would be nice and ready when we got back from the Field Museum. Have I mentioned I live in a bomb-ass city where there is a lot to do (often for free)?? Yeah. I do.

It has been quite some time since we visited the Field Museum, as well as the Art Institute of Chicago which I wrote about a few posts ago. In fact, the first time we visited both was when we came to Chicago after eloping. So, it has been almost 10 years since we visited these fine establishments.

I highly suggest that when you visit any of Chicago's museums, you devote an entire day (or 2) to each one. I promise you won't get through the entire museum in one day. I also suggest you wear comfortable shoes and sit down often. These museums are rather large and no one wants to visit a museum with a grump. So sit, please.

First, let me introduce you to Sue.

You'll find Sue on the first floor welcoming all visitors to the Field Museum.

Here's Sue's buddy the Pterodactyl. I honestly have no clue if he or she has a name.

When we visited the Field Museum we only went through 3 exhibits. We went to see the Lions of Tsavo (and saw much of the Mammals of Africa exhibit along the way), The Grainger Hall of Gems, where I got my sparkly fix, and Inside Ancient Egypt, where I got my "Ancient Aliens" fix.

Please bear with my sense of humor...
I couldn't resist. I love to say "wild ass."

I'm thinking the guy on the left looks like a wild ass. The guy on the right is trying to act like he doesn't know the other guy.
Ok, on to the sparkly stuff. Let me say these photos do NOT do the jewels justice. I mean these jewels were amazing. A.MAZE.BALLS.









this was one of my favorites. it really did look like it was on fire.





Again, the photo could not capture the rainbow that was glowing inside this opal.
This was my hubby's fave. He could totally relate to some dinosaur treasures.



 Again, there were magical rainbows pouring out  of these gems!! It was AMAZING people!!







Ri-DIC-ulous.











Finally, we went to see the mummies in the ancient Egypt exhibit. I did not take pictures of the mummies because I think it's kinda rude to take pictures of the dead. Yeah, and it's kinda rude that they got dug up in the first place so that we could peer at them centuries later. But that's another soap box...


Totally Ancient Aliens shit!! I love that show.


I'm pretty sure these include instructions on how to build a structure that will open up a worm hole to allow space and time travel...
 This last pic was snapped mere moments before we got yelled at that the museum was closed! ruh-roh!
Proof that humans did not build the pyramids...
Peace out people! Hope you have a fabulous week. Try the soup I linked to. It is spicy and comforting after a day at the museum. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment