Wednesday, June 13, 2012

doc review down time

Document review? Trying to explain to my non-lawyer friends and family what exactly is doc review has proven difficult, BUT I finally found a pop-culture example to help me out. You know that scene in Clueless where Cher and Josh are helping her Dad (i.e. flirting) and Cher is still looking for the September 3rd phone call, but the young lawyer associate gets pissed because they're supposed to be looking for the August 28th phone call? That's kinda like doc review. Except not.

Anyway, I'm in between doc review projects which means I'm currently unemployed. I've chosen to get caught up on some of my own work in my down time. Today, I knocked a couple of things of my ever-growing "to-do" list and decided to do one of the longer yoga videos I don't normally have time for in the morning. I immediately felt famished after I was done and made myself one of my fave smoothies. I gulped it down so I don't have a pic, but looks don't matter with this yummy pick-me-up.

"Elvis" smoothie

-pour enough soy milk in blender so it covers the blades* (about 4 or 5 ounces)
-one whole ripe banana (this is a great way to use up browning bananas)
-2 big scoops of peanut butter
-2 ice cubes
-just a tiny squeeze of simple syrup (recipe in my previous post)

pulse and blend and enjoy!!!

*a note about my smoothies, since I don't provide measurements. I use this blender which is the perfect size for a single smoothie. Feel free to adapt my "recipes" to your size blender. Mine comes with a lid, and I've made smoothies the night before and had it ready to go on mornings I knew I'd be rushed. Perfect!

Later, I'm meeting up with some very lovely ladies for a GNO.  Happy hump day! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment