Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A tiny seed.

Not every day on the road to happiness is easy. Choosing to be happy isn't as easy as it sounds. Yes, I wake up and say to myself, "Self, today I choose to be happy." And maybe I start the day out happy. Maybe I am happy the whole morning. I do yoga, I make my banana smoothie, I water my plants. I am happy. But then I get a phone call from a recruiter about a potential project. But, no, I am not a good fit for this client since I have my own practice. Ok, thank you very much. Disappointment.

That tiny seed of disappointment can grow into something that eventually leads to me and hubby arguing yesterday afternoon and once again, my happiness is brought into question.

The answer, yes, I am happy. I am happy in my marriage. I am happy in my life, in general. Am I happy with my current employment situation? A resounding "no." But the thing is, I have never believed my work makes up who I am. Who I am will determine what kind of attorney I will be, but not the other way around.

Yesterday had its ups and downs. But today is a new day. Guess what? Today I choose to be happy.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment